DE error when trying to find/select files by date

Data recovery from Hard Disk Drives with logical problems

Moderator: Alex_TS

ThomasH
New user

DE error when trying to find/select files by date

Postby ThomasH » 05.02.20, 16:30

I might be missing something obvious, or not doing this correctly or not doing something required first, but whenever I've tried to use DE to find files within a certain time-frame, I've always received the error shown in the picture.
I start the attempt by right-clicking the ROOT folder and choosing "Find Files" which brings up the "Parameters" window, but I always just get the error shown, regardless of how I do things. I can see how Scanning the Catalog file and Journal might help in the case of this HFS+ drive, but that doesn't have an effect.
I can mount the task as a drive and use Rstudio to accomplish the desired selection easy enough, but that's not ideal for selective-cloning purposes when drives aren't healthy-enough.

Am I doing something wrong? Does everybody get this error? It's been like this ever since I've tried (though I've probably only tried to use this feature 5 times or so).

DE find files by date error.JPG
DE find files by date error.JPG (165.54 KiB) Viewed 1027 times

300ddr
User

Re: DE error when trying to find/select files by date

Postby 300ddr » 09.02.20, 21:48

I get this too so I don't think it's just you. Would be best to submit a bug report: https://ts.acelaboratory.com

ThomasH
New user

Re: DE error when trying to find/select files by date

Postby ThomasH » 10.02.20, 22:05

I have discussed the issue with individual tech support a while ago, maybe even a couple times over the years... is there another place?
I guess it's a low-priority feature, as I rarely need it, but there are definitely times where it would be helpful if it did work.

Return to “Data Extractor”